FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – If you’ve got some Corona Extras chilling in the fridge for the upcoming weekend you may want to give them a once over.
Constellation Brands, which produces the golden elixir, has announced a voluntary recall of select packages in the U.S. containing 12-ounce clear glass bottles of its Corona Extra Beer. Bottles in these packages may contain small particles of glass. The voluntary recall covers 12-ounce bottles in six-pack, 12-pack and 18-pack packages.
To see if your beer falls under the recall, you’ll need to check the code. On six-packs, the code will be printed on the neck of each bottle. On 12 and 18-packs, the code appears on the side of the packaging.
Click Here for a complete list of the codes.
So how did the glass particles get into the beer? Constellation Brands blames a production error at one of four glass plants run by third party manufacturers that supply the bottles.
Anyone with a product listed under the recall should dispose of the beer and call 1-866-204-9407 or visit coronoausa.com for more information and to receive a refund.
The beverage marker said bottles of Corona Extra not marked with one of the recalled production codes are safe to drink. The following products are also completely safe to enjoy and are not affected:
- Corona Extra cans
- Corona Extra 24-pack loose bottles
- Corona Extra 24 oz. bottle
- Corona Extra draft beer
- Corona Light bottles
- Corona Light cans
- Corona Light draft beer
- Corona Familiar
- Woman Who Mowed Down 3 People At Baseball Park May Have Been Intoxicated
- Daughter Of Woman Allegedly Battered By Former Mayor Speaks Out
- Another Sweetwater Cop Facing Disciplinary Action In Alleged Crash Cover-Up
- FHP: Surveyor Killed By I-95 Driver Who Tried Passing Slower Traffic
- Dog Shot & Left For Dead On South Hollywood Road