HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) – A man was arrested over the weekend for allegedly trying to set his ex-girlfriend’s home on fire.
The woman and her granddaughter were inside the home on NW 10 Street at the time.
She told police she smelled gasoline because the home’s windows were open. When she looked into from which room the smell was located, she said Eddie Palmer was outside yelling.
The victim claims she saw fire erupt from the room on the southern side of the home. The victim rushed her granddaughter, and father from the home.
Police later located Palmer and said he was sleeping at a home on NW 7 Court wearing the same clothing the victim described.
The police officers also stated they located an empty red gas container and black lighter.
Palmer, 53, was arrested and charged with one count of arson.
- Fight Over Everglades Refuge Pits Florida Against Feds
- Sightseeing Duck Trolley Catches Fire On MacArthur Causeway
- BSO Needs Help Identifying Robber Caught On Surveillance In Violent ATM Robbery
- Liberty City Students Taken To Hospital After Ingesting Drug
- Exclusive: Bully Brawl At Broward School Brings Criminal Charges