OAKLAND PARK (CBSMiami) – The Broward Sheriff’s Office is searching for the driver that hit and killed a father visiting from Jamaica.
Officials said the car that struck the man is a tan or gold Cadillac Seville and is similar to the one pictured in this report.
Rollin Francis,35, died Thursday from the injuries sustained from the crash as he was crossing the street in the 1800 block of West Oakland Park Boulevard around 11:15 p.m. Sunday, August 10.
The subject driving the car was described as a heavy-set male with a full salt-and-pepper beard between the ages of 35 and 50, officials said.
Investigators detailed the crash happened in the 1800 block of West Oakland Park Boulevard around 11:15 p.m. Sunday, August 10.
The vehicle which is believed to have been a 1999 – 2004 Cadillac Seville STS or SLS likely has damage to the grill, hood and possibly the windshield.
The driver allegedly pulled over after the crash, but then drove away.
Francis is a father of four.
The victim’s family had gotten up early Sunday for a day trip to Disney and got back late.
When he was hit, his family members stated, he was walking from the Days Inn across the street to buy a calling card to call home.
Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477).
- Ex-Prosecutors Unsure If Nursing Home Deaths Involved Crimes
- Maria Destroyed Homes, Left Puerto Rico Without Power
- Cat. 3 Maria Lashing Northeastern Dominican Republic
- ‘Gross Medical & Criminal Recklessness’: AHCA Puts Nursing Home Out Business After 8 Patients Die
- Police: Man Shot At Fort Lauderdale Gas Station Over Necklace