MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Former Miami Dolphins defensive back Travis Daniels was arrested Monday after an alleged parking space dispute.
According to our news partners the Miami Herald, Daniels, 31, along with a female companion Moyah Purkiss, 31, roughed up two people over a parking space.
The alleged incident happened just before 10 p.m. at the Target located at 21265 Biscayne Blvd.
Witnesses said Daniel and Purkiss got out of their car and allegedly went after a man and woman in the parking lot.
Police told the paper, Purkiss began “yelling and screaming ” at the female victim. She then allegedly took her cellphone and “struck the victim in the face causing facial lacerations and several teeth to be knocked out.”
In the meantime, Daniels allegedly pushed and shoved the victims.
An off-duty police captain was working in the parking lot at the time and witnessed the incident, according to police.
The cop was able to control the situation until back up arrived.
Daniels is charged with misdemeanor battery. Purkiss is facing a felony charge. Both have since bonded out of jail.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Dolphins Week 7 Team Grades: Fins Rally To Beat NY Jets, Extend Win Streak To 3 Games
- Report: Dolphins Fear Cutler Could Miss A Few Games With Cracked Ribs
- Dolphins Score 17 Unanswered Points In 4th Quarter To Defeat Rival Jets 31-28
- Hot World Series On Deck: Altuve, Astros Vs Kershaw, Dodgers
- FAU Scores On First 11 Drives In 69-31 Defeat Of North Texas