MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Former Miami Dolphins defensive back Travis Daniels was arrested Monday after an alleged parking space dispute.
According to our news partners the Miami Herald, Daniels, 31, along with a female companion Moyah Purkiss, 31, roughed up two people over a parking space.
The alleged incident happened just before 10 p.m. at the Target located at 21265 Biscayne Blvd.
Witnesses said Daniel and Purkiss got out of their car and allegedly went after a man and woman in the parking lot.
Police told the paper, Purkiss began “yelling and screaming ” at the female victim. She then allegedly took her cellphone and “struck the victim in the face causing facial lacerations and several teeth to be knocked out.”
In the meantime, Daniels allegedly pushed and shoved the victims.
An off-duty police captain was working in the parking lot at the time and witnessed the incident, according to police.
The cop was able to control the situation until back up arrived.
Daniels is charged with misdemeanor battery. Purkiss is facing a felony charge. Both have since bonded out of jail.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Heat Face Tough Test In Stopping Lillard, Trail Blazers
- Panthers Aim For 5th Win In 6 Games Vs. Senators
- Miles Jones Stars, American Heritage Earns Spot In 5A Title Game
- Dolphins Injury Report: Albert, Bushrod & Tunsil Should Play, Alonso Questionable In Week 13
- Battle Of The Undefeated: American Heritage vs. Tampa Jesuit