OCALA (CBSMiami/AP) — A church volunteer in central Florida was kidnapped and beaten after she provided meals for the needy.
Ocala police say the 69-year-old woman got into her car Monday night after serving meals when a man hiding inside put a knife to her neck and told her to drive.
Police say he told her to pull over, put a rope around her neck and dragged her from the car, then beat her with a small club. Police say the man ordered her back into the car and removed her dentures when she tried to bite him.
Police say the suspect later beat the woman unconscious in a Kmart parking lot.
She later awoke and found the man gone, and managed to report the incident.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- FDLE Special Agent In Charge Speaks About Investigating Police & Deputy Involved Shootings
- Trump: ‘Tremendously Confident We’re Going To Win In Florida’
- Caught On Camera: Burglar Ransacks Home Tiptoeing Around Sleeping Children
- Hillary Clinton ‘Not Taking Anything For Granted’ In Florida
- Police: Cancer Survivor Killed In Robbery Gone Wrong