OCALA (CBSMiami/AP) — A church volunteer in central Florida was kidnapped and beaten after she provided meals for the needy.
Ocala police say the 69-year-old woman got into her car Monday night after serving meals when a man hiding inside put a knife to her neck and told her to drive.
Police say he told her to pull over, put a rope around her neck and dragged her from the car, then beat her with a small club. Police say the man ordered her back into the car and removed her dentures when she tried to bite him.
Police say the suspect later beat the woman unconscious in a Kmart parking lot.
She later awoke and found the man gone, and managed to report the incident.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Bikers Ride For Kids’ Cause During ‘Toys In The Sun Run’
- Trump Tweets SNL Is “Totally Biased, Not Funny” After Skit About His Tweeting
- Authorities: Florida Man Killed Himself Before Deputy Fired
- Feds Block Dakota Access Oil Pipeline Route, Protesters Celebrate
- New Strategy In Pennsylvania Recount Bid; Michigan To Start Soon