MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – Two people were injured after a driver plowed through the doors of a popular Miami Beach souvenir shop.
“It was like a loud screech of noise, even inside the building, you could hear it very clear,” said Laura Plazqiz who was sleeping in a nearby hotel. “we hear the brakes and a crash and everybody comes outside on the balcony.”
Miami Beach police said around 7 a.m. Monday the two injured people were walking past Alvin’s Island, at the intersection of Lincoln Road and Collins Avenue, when there was some sort of accident which led to a driver ending up inside the store.
“The person claims there was another car that cut her off. Investigators are looking into if there was another car, if it exists and other factors that played a role into the accident,” said police spokeswoman Vivian Tahayer.
The injured people were taken to the hospital.
Plazqiz, who is visiting from Spain, said the accident was unlike anything she’s ever seen.
“I am from a very small village, there are less than 1000 people, this is not normal for us,” said Plazqiz.
The driver, who was not hurt, remained on the scene for police.
- Wet Mess At Cutler Bay Shopping Plaza
- Hollywood Woman’s Key Decisions Help Her Survive Armed Carjacking
- Exclusive: Plantation PD Detective Fired For Texting Sexually Explicit Video To Woman
- Cameras Catch Armed Robber Nonchalantly Case Store Before Stealing Jewelry
- Hialeah Apartment Complex Severely Damaged By Lightning Strike