ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson will hold a series of meetings on defense issues this week in conflict-battered Ukraine.
The Florida senator’s office said Monday that Nelson would travel to the Ukraine sometime this week from central Florida, although the office wouldn’t say specifically when.
Nelson is a member of the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee.
Ukrainian government forces have been fighting pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine.
The United States and NATO are supplying non-lethal military equipment to Ukrainian forces.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Robocalls Are Running Rampant And There’s Little Out There To Stop Them
- 15-Year-Old Girl Brings Marijuana Chips To School, May Be Expelled
- Former NBC News Anchor Tom Brokaw Faces Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Cosby Found Guilty On Three Counts Of Aggravated Indecent Assault
- Miami Police Searching For Man Wanted In Connection To Little Haiti Sexual Assault