ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson will hold a series of meetings on defense issues this week in conflict-battered Ukraine.
The Florida senator’s office said Monday that Nelson would travel to the Ukraine sometime this week from central Florida, although the office wouldn’t say specifically when.
Nelson is a member of the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee.
Ukrainian government forces have been fighting pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine.
The United States and NATO are supplying non-lethal military equipment to Ukrainian forces.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Gov. Scott Visits Zika-Free Wynwood To Help Boost Business
- Exclusive: Reporter Shares What He Says Is Proof Of Trump’s Illegal Dealings In Cuba
- Person Stabbed At Lauderdale Lakes High School Football Game
- Matthew Keeps Gaining Strength, Becomes Category 5 Hurricane
- Concern Over Cyber Threat To Election Systems Prompts Meeting Between State, Feds