ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson will hold a series of meetings on defense issues this week in conflict-battered Ukraine.
The Florida senator’s office said Monday that Nelson would travel to the Ukraine sometime this week from central Florida, although the office wouldn’t say specifically when.
Nelson is a member of the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee.
Ukrainian government forces have been fighting pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine.
The United States and NATO are supplying non-lethal military equipment to Ukrainian forces.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 10th Patient Dies; Ex-Prosecutors Unsure If Nursing Home Criminally Responsible
- Maria Left Path Of Destruction, No Power In Puerto Rico
- Need Help? What To Know If FEMA Knocks On Your Door
- ‘It’s Been A Nightmare’: Elderly Palmetto Bay Resident On Day 12 Of No Power After Irma
- Business Incredibly Slow For Restaurants Reopening After Irma