Jury Selection Begins For Grove Masseur Accused Of Sex Battery
South Florida Crime
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Jury selection for Victor Antonio Sanchez, accused of inappropriately touching women during massage sessions at a Coconut Grove spa, began Monday.
Sanchez, 53, is facing one criminal charge for the sexual battery of a financial advisor who went for a massage at Tiano Spa.
The trial is expected to last at least one week. A judge recently ruled that he would allow two other women to testify in his criminal case. Both women say Sanchez inappropriately touched them, however, they did not call police after the alleged incident.
The two alleged victims say they came forward after reading about the case on the news. One woman who is expected to testify during trial, told the judge why she didn’t initially come forward.
“I was scared. They had my credit card information. They knew who I was,” the woman said.” I didn’t know what he was capable of.”
The second woman said she did not call police because she was assured by the spa’s management that Sanchez would be fired.
However, he remained on the job months later and allegedly molested the woman in the case that saw the criminal charge brought against him.
In an exclusive interview with CBS4 News last month, and again outside the court room Thursday, Sanchez insisted that he is innocent.
If convicted, Sanchez faces up to 15 years in prison.