BSO Releases Name Of Gunman Accused Of Murder
South Florida Crime
DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — Broward Sheriff’s Deputies announced the name of the suspect involved in a shooting that left a 19-year old dead and another person injured in front of a Dania Beach apartment complex on Friday.
Officials believe Devontae Deas, 21, is the suspect deputies believe is responsible. He faces one charge of first-degree murder and one charge of attempted murder.
Authorities said they responded to a report of a shooting just before 11:00 p.m. at the Gulfstream Apartments located at 46 N.W. 10 Court.
Once they arrived, they found two men with gunshot wounds lying on the ground in front of the building.
Brandon Jones, 19, of Fort Lauderdale, was declared dead shortly after.
His friend, who’s has not been identified for security reasons, is expected to survive.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Boy Killed In SUV Crash; Florida Woman Charged With DUI
- Budget, Beer, Guns, Pot And Potties On Lawmakers’ Agenda
- FIU Grant Will Fund Robots Used To Teach Middle School Students
- Funeral Held For Man Shot & Killed By Miami Gardens Police
- Police Chief Arrested, Accused Of Soliciting Prostitute