BSO Releases Name Of Gunman Accused Of Murder
South Florida Crime
DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — Broward Sheriff’s Deputies announced the name of the suspect involved in a shooting that left a 19-year old dead and another person injured in front of a Dania Beach apartment complex on Friday.
Officials believe Devontae Deas, 21, is the suspect deputies believe is responsible. He faces one charge of first-degree murder and one charge of attempted murder.
Authorities said they responded to a report of a shooting just before 11:00 p.m. at the Gulfstream Apartments located at 46 N.W. 10 Court.
Once they arrived, they found two men with gunshot wounds lying on the ground in front of the building.
Brandon Jones, 19, of Fort Lauderdale, was declared dead shortly after.
His friend, who’s has not been identified for security reasons, is expected to survive.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- I-95 Reopened After Toy Grenade Investigation
- Paparazzi Couple Represents S. Fla. In Season 27 Of “The Amazing Race”
- BSO Deputy Helps Save South Florida Teen’s Life
- Florida’s Housing Market Continues To Climb
- Putnam: Citrus Industry ‘In A Fight For Its Life’