DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — Broward Sheriff’s Deputies announced the name of the suspect involved in a shooting that left a 19-year old dead and another person injured in front of a Dania Beach apartment complex on Friday.
Officials believe Devontae Deas, 21, is the suspect deputies believe is responsible. He faces one charge of first-degree murder and one charge of attempted murder.
Authorities said they responded to a report of a shooting just before 11:00 p.m. at the Gulfstream Apartments located at 46 N.W. 10 Court.
Once they arrived, they found two men with gunshot wounds lying on the ground in front of the building.
Brandon Jones, 19, of Fort Lauderdale, was declared dead shortly after.
His friend, who’s has not been identified for security reasons, is expected to survive.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- ‘Emailgate’ Could Make Re-Election Harder For Wasserman Schultz
- Feds Remove Evidence From Lake Park Home Of Accused ISIL Conspirator
- Demonstrators Hold Sit-In At North Miami Police Headquarters After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Police Press For Info On Missing Miami Toddler, Release 1st Picture
- Mother Of Ft. Myers Shooting Victim: ‘I Can’t, It’s Just Too Hard’