MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A violent crash sent four people to the hospital Thursday afternoon and left MacArthur Causeway closed for hours.
The two-car crash happened on the causeway eastbound just before the Fisher Island Ferry.
As a result of the accident, two people had to be taken to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center, and two others were transported to Mt Sinai, according to the Miami Beach Police Department.
No word on their condition.
The causeway, eastbound, was shut down due to the accident but was reopened around 8:00 p.m.
- Police: Argument Escalates To Shooting Near Bird Road Burger King
- Chelsea Clinton Defends Barron Trump After Conservative Site Slams His Casual Wardrobe
- Trump Trip To Arizona Draws Concern Over Violent Protests
- Rep. Wasserman Schultz Distancing Herself From IT Staffer Facing Bank Fraud Charges
- No Charges For Mom After Child Found Wandering In Miami Beach