MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A violent crash sent four people to the hospital Thursday afternoon and left MacArthur Causeway closed for hours.
The two-car crash happened on the causeway eastbound just before the Fisher Island Ferry.
As a result of the accident, two people had to be taken to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center, and two others were transported to Mt Sinai, according to the Miami Beach Police Department.
No word on their condition.
The causeway, eastbound, was shut down due to the accident but was reopened around 8:00 p.m.
- Deportation Fears Have Legal Immigrants Avoiding Health Care
- Wonderful Times For All At ‘Jonathan’s Day’ Event In Palmetto Bay
- Vigil Held For Aventura Shooting Victim As Police Investigation Continues
- Government Shutdown Affects Local Airports, National Parks
- White House Targets Filibuster, Calls For ‘Nuclear Option’ As Shutdown Enters Day 2