MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A violent crash sent four people to the hospital Thursday afternoon and left MacArthur Causeway closed for hours.
The two-car crash happened on the causeway eastbound just before the Fisher Island Ferry.
As a result of the accident, two people had to be taken to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center, and two others were transported to Mt Sinai, according to the Miami Beach Police Department.
No word on their condition.
The causeway, eastbound, was shut down due to the accident but was reopened around 8:00 p.m.
- Biscayne National Park Welcomes 100 New Americans In Naturalization Ceremony
- Friends, Neighbors Remember Those Killed In Mobile Home Fire
- Only In Miami: Free Parking For Cafecito Customers Only
- Twitter Cyber Tip Leads To Child Porn Arrest In Hollywood
- South Florida Water Management District Prepares For Heavy Rainfall