MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A violent crash sent four people to the hospital Thursday afternoon and left MacArthur Causeway closed for hours.
The two-car crash happened on the causeway eastbound just before the Fisher Island Ferry.
As a result of the accident, two people had to be taken to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center, and two others were transported to Mt Sinai, according to the Miami Beach Police Department.
No word on their condition.
The causeway, eastbound, was shut down due to the accident but was reopened around 8:00 p.m.
- World Mourns Loss Of Fmr. Israeli President Shimon Peres
- Cops Accompany Child Who Lost Dad To Father-Child Breakfast
- Investigators Worried About Rash Of Car & Home Burglaries Across South Florida
- 6 New Non-Travel Related Zika Cases In South Florida
- Tropical Storm Matthew Moving Into Eastern Caribbean Sea