MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A violent crash sent four people to the hospital Thursday afternoon and left MacArthur Causeway closed for hours.
The two-car crash happened on the causeway eastbound just before the Fisher Island Ferry.
As a result of the accident, two people had to be taken to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center, and two others were transported to Mt Sinai, according to the Miami Beach Police Department.
No word on their condition.
The causeway, eastbound, was shut down due to the accident but was reopened around 8:00 p.m.
- SWAT Called Out After Robbery Suspected Holes Up In Fort Lauderdale Business
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Gives Updated Timeline On Deadly Niger Attack
- Iconic Key West Attraction Restored After Irma
- 65 Pounds Of Marijuana Hidden Inside Couple’s Amazon Order
- Child Says Neighbor Walked Into Miami Home, Exposed Himself