MIAMI (CBSMiami) – More than a day later, police remain on scene, investigating a man found murdered inside a Miami home.
Just before noon Thursday, police announced they have arrested Jonathan Jimenez, 23, and Alexander Porta, 24.
They are eachcharged with one count of first degree murder and one count of false imprisonment
Jorge Fuentes, 28, was found dead at a home at 3001 SW 11th Street on Wednesday shortly after 12:30 AM.
“What we heard was someone was taking care of her kid, that’s all we know. Somebody awfully died there, but we were just shocked because this neighborhood is really really quiet, we’ve lived here 14 years and it’s crazy,” said Everett Sentmanat, a neighbor.
The City of Miami Police Department remain at the home where Fuentes was reportedly babysitting his live-in girlfriend’s two-year-old child.
The victim was found unresponsive inside the home, reportedly shot by an unknown offender.
“I’m curious to know what happened, why it happened,” said a neighbor identified as Josie.
Fuentes had been arrested in 2008 and 2009 for possessing and trafficking cocaine and obstructing a criminal investigation.
According to arrest documents, the suspects got into an argument with the victim over drugs that escalated into a shooting.
Neighbors added Fuentes had not lived at the home long.
Anyone with information is urged to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
- Undocumented Immigrants In Homestead Terrified & Troubled By Trump’s Actions
- Men Posing As Police Bust Into NW Miami-Dade Home & Rob Family At Gunpoint
- Father & Son Accused Of Shoddy Work When Handling Remains Of Dead
- Parents Of Pulse Victim On Concealed Carry Bills: ‘More Guns In More Places Not A Solution’
- Homeland Security Rolls Out Immigration Rules As New Trump Travel Ban Expected