Miami (CBSMiami) — Florida International University’s home field has a new name after the university inked a deal with Ocean Bank.
The Universitys announced the 3-year partnership with the bank on Wednesday.
The Panthers football team will rush the field now called “Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium.”
“We are proud of the relationship we have forged with Ocean Bank over many years, working together for our community and our students’ success,” said FIU President Mark B. Rosenberg.
The bank committed $1 million to the university’s College of Business which was also used to building the Ocean Bank Auditorium at FIU.
“Since our founding in 1982, we have grown alongside FIU and supported its development into a major research university and one of the largest in the nation,” said Ocean Bank Chairman A. Alfonso Macedo.
The field will host eight football home games this season with six of those being televised.
The season kicks off on August 30th when the Panthers face off against Bethune-Cookman Wildcats.
- CBS4 News Exclusive: Trump Denies Ties To Russia
- Councilman Holds Town Hall In North Miami To Discuss Officer-Involved Shooting
- Owner Of Lauderhill Home Hit By Van: ‘I Just Had Come In Like 10 Minutes Before’
- Protesters Give Trump A Piece Of Their Mind Outside Doral Fundraiser
- Trayvon Martin’s Mother Speaks Out At DNC