Miami (CBSMiami) — Florida International University’s home field has a new name after the university inked a deal with Ocean Bank.
The Universitys announced the 3-year partnership with the bank on Wednesday.
The Panthers football team will rush the field now called “Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium.”
“We are proud of the relationship we have forged with Ocean Bank over many years, working together for our community and our students’ success,” said FIU President Mark B. Rosenberg.
The bank committed $1 million to the university’s College of Business which was also used to building the Ocean Bank Auditorium at FIU.
“Since our founding in 1982, we have grown alongside FIU and supported its development into a major research university and one of the largest in the nation,” said Ocean Bank Chairman A. Alfonso Macedo.
The field will host eight football home games this season with six of those being televised.
The season kicks off on August 30th when the Panthers face off against Bethune-Cookman Wildcats.
- Home Invasion Turns Deadly During Late Night Hangout
- Hemingway Look-Alikes Spoof ‘Running Of The Bulls’ In Key West
- Police Pursuing Charges Against Teens Who Mocked Drowning Man
- Downpours Cause Ceiling Collapse In Lauderhill
- Lauderhill Robbery Suspect Who Took Elderly Couple Hostage Arrested After Long Standoff