MIAMI (AP) — Christian Yelich’s RBI single in the bottom of the 10th inning lifted the Miami Marlins to a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday night.
The Marlins snapped a three-game losing streak overall and a seven-game skid to the Reds.
Jeff Mathis, who was the center of Thursday’s controversy at the plate, doubled to left to lead off the 10th off Sam LeCure (1-3), advanced to third on a sacrifice bunt by Reed Johnson, and scored on the base hit to center by Yelich.
The Marlins’ Mike Dunn (9-5) struck out two batters in the top of the 10th after Chris Heisey delivered a pinch-hit triple.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Conor Sheary Lifts Penguins Past Panthers, 4-3
- Preview: 8th Ranked Miami Hurricanes Host Surging Syracuse Orange
- Dolphins Week 7 Injury Report: DeVante Parker Could Miss Second Straight Game, Mike Pouncey Is Questionable
- Off-Duty Officers Taking Stand Against Kneeling NFL Players
- Fins Look To Avenge Jets Loss This Sunday