MIAMI (AP) — Christian Yelich’s RBI single in the bottom of the 10th inning lifted the Miami Marlins to a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday night.
The Marlins snapped a three-game losing streak overall and a seven-game skid to the Reds.
Jeff Mathis, who was the center of Thursday’s controversy at the plate, doubled to left to lead off the 10th off Sam LeCure (1-3), advanced to third on a sacrifice bunt by Reed Johnson, and scored on the base hit to center by Yelich.
The Marlins’ Mike Dunn (9-5) struck out two batters in the top of the 10th after Chris Heisey delivered a pinch-hit triple.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Poppinga: “If You’re The Dolphins, You’re Excited To Get Dion Jordan Back”
- Exclusive: Colombian Nat’l Soccer Player Arrested In Miami Beach
- Keidel: Don’t Underestimate The Warriors Like I Did
- Former Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown Speaks About Team, Teammates And More
- This Week In Golf: Spieth Puts It Together To Win Dean & DeLuca Invitational