PLANTATION (CBSMiami) — Nearly a dozen South Florida families were treated to a supermarket shopping spree recently thanks to the Miami Dolphins, Publix and Neighbors 4 Neighbors.
Ten families and ten famous ballplayers traversed the aisles together at a Publix in Plantation, filling their carts in a shopping spree at the Miami Dolphins Shop With a Fin event on June 9 and 10.
The families were selected by N4N and its nonprofit partners.
The families had survived poverty, homelessness and abuse.
For the parents, it helped put food on the table. For the kids, it was a chance to meet some of Miami’s toughest athletes.
Check out our facebook page to see photos and learn about the families.
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors Is Here To Help After Irma
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors: 25 Years Of Helping Our Communities
- Miami On Ice Benefits Neighbors 4 Neighbors Adopt a Family Program
- Triplets With Tumors Need Your Help
- Sing With The Stars To Benefit Neighbors 4 Neighbors