PLANTATION (CBSMiami) — Nearly a dozen South Florida families were treated to a supermarket shopping spree recently thanks to the Miami Dolphins, Publix and Neighbors 4 Neighbors.
Ten families and ten famous ballplayers traversed the aisles together at a Publix in Plantation, filling their carts in a shopping spree at the Miami Dolphins Shop With a Fin event on June 9 and 10.
The families were selected by N4N and its nonprofit partners.
The families had survived poverty, homelessness and abuse.
For the parents, it helped put food on the table. For the kids, it was a chance to meet some of Miami’s toughest athletes.
Check out our facebook page to see photos and learn about the families.
- Single Mother Needs Help Bringing Holiday Cheer To Disabled Son
- CBS4 News Team Does Karaoke For A Good Cause
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors Proud To Share 2015 Spring Special
- Helping Really Does Feel Good
- Last Minute Holiday Help Needed For 25 S. Fla Families