FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Miramar woman accused of trying to drown her three month old son in a canal is now facing an addition charge after investigators learned she allegedly tried to murder her baby.
The Broward State Attorney’s Office filed the extra charge against Inakesha Armour on Tuesday.
Prosecutors said one month before the drowning incident, Armour gave her son adult cough syrup and tried to smother him with a pillow. Armour’s mother reportedly rescued the child.
Armour is receiving treatment for postpartum depression.
- Rate Of Kids Coming Into Foster Care Rising, But Is It Too Much?
- Plaintiffs Back Off Changes To Tampa-Area Districts
- Scott Urges Lawmakers To Fund Bear-Proofing Measures
- Jurors Start Deliberations, Don’t Reach Verdict In ‘Facebook Murder’ Trial
- Police Take To The Streets In Search Of Man Who Tried To Abduct A Teen