FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Miramar woman accused of trying to drown her three month old son in a canal is now facing an addition charge after investigators learned she allegedly tried to murder her baby.
The Broward State Attorney’s Office filed the extra charge against Inakesha Armour on Tuesday.
Prosecutors said one month before the drowning incident, Armour gave her son adult cough syrup and tried to smother him with a pillow. Armour’s mother reportedly rescued the child.
Armour is receiving treatment for postpartum depression.
- Yorkie On The Mend After Being Abandoned At Hollywood Police Department
- ‘Heartless’ Thieves Steal Trailer Filled With Toys For Kids Battling Cancer
- Police Suspect Murder-Suicide After 2 Bodies Found In Backyard Of Redland Home
- Daughter-In-Law Of Elderly Purse Snatching Victim: ‘I Hope These Kids Get What They Deserve’
- Miami Passport Office Closed Until Further Notice