FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Miramar woman accused of trying to drown her three month old son in a canal is now facing an addition charge after investigators learned she allegedly tried to murder her baby.
The Broward State Attorney’s Office filed the extra charge against Inakesha Armour on Tuesday.
Prosecutors said one month before the drowning incident, Armour gave her son adult cough syrup and tried to smother him with a pillow. Armour’s mother reportedly rescued the child.
Armour is receiving treatment for postpartum depression.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- New Pictures Of Fidel Castro Meeting With Chinese Premier
- Heat President Pat Riley Believes Bosh Career In Miami Is Over
- Derrick Rose On Rape Case: “I Feel Like I Didn’t Do Anything Wrong”
- Colombian Government, Guerrilla Groups Sign Historic Peace Agreement