FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Miramar woman accused of trying to drown her three month old son in a canal is now facing an addition charge after investigators learned she allegedly tried to murder her baby.
The Broward State Attorney’s Office filed the extra charge against Inakesha Armour on Tuesday.
Prosecutors said one month before the drowning incident, Armour gave her son adult cough syrup and tried to smother him with a pillow. Armour’s mother reportedly rescued the child.
Armour is receiving treatment for postpartum depression.
- TSA: Record Setting Week For Firearms Recovered At Airport Checkpoints
- Feds Seeking Information From Kushner On Russia Contacts
- South Florida Gets Ready For Influx Of Memorial Day Revelers
- Hollywood City Attorney Charged With DUI One Step Closer To Being Out Of Job
- FPL Shows Off Storm Preparations Ahead Of Hurricane Season