Miami Celebrates City’s 118th Birthday
MIAMI (CBSMIAMI) – Happy Birthday Miami! That’s right, today the Magic City is celebrating its 118th birthday.
The City of Miami was incorporated on July 28, 1896 and has the distinction of being one of the few municipalities in the nation founded by women, Mary Brickell and Julia Tuttle. Tuttle is known as the Mother of Miami.
To help celebrate the occasion, HistoryMiami, held a Family Fun Day in downtown Miami.
Those who attended the festivities had the opportunity to learn about the city’s transformation through modern history, view select works from the City of Miami’s birthday art collection and enjoy orange blossom inspired cupcakes.
- Social Media Could Help Job-Seekers Land A Gig
- Elderly Woman Found Dead In Hollywood
- Uber Says It Will Suspend Operations In Broward July 31
- Trump Pulls Jeb Bush’s Wife Into Immigration Debate
- Medical Malpractice Caps Take Another Legal Hit