Miami Celebrates City’s 118th Birthday
MIAMI (CBSMIAMI) – Happy Birthday Miami! That’s right, today the Magic City is celebrating its 118th birthday.
The City of Miami was incorporated on July 28, 1896 and has the distinction of being one of the few municipalities in the nation founded by women, Mary Brickell and Julia Tuttle. Tuttle is known as the Mother of Miami.
To help celebrate the occasion, HistoryMiami, held a Family Fun Day in downtown Miami.
Those who attended the festivities had the opportunity to learn about the city’s transformation through modern history, view select works from the City of Miami’s birthday art collection and enjoy orange blossom inspired cupcakes.
- Dolphins, AARP Team Up To Pack A Million Meals
- Wrong Way Wreck Driver To Be Sentenced Monday
- Woman Drowns At Miami Beach, Her Friend Hospitalized
- Another Grass Fire Breaks Out In SW Dade
- Jimmy Buffett University Of Miami Commencement Speaker