DELRAY BEACH (CBSMiami) – Delray Beach Fire-Rescue crews responded to a house fire in the 4600 block of northwest 3rd court of the High Point Section Seven neighborhood.
The fire caused extensive damage to the home, displacing the elderly male resident of the home as well as the residents of three adjoining villas.
The fire was extinguished within ten minutes of the arrival of fire-rescue units.
The residents were all able to self-evacuate from their homes.
No civilian injuries were reported as a result of the fire though one firefighter sustained minor injuries during the operation.
After the fire was put out, Delray Beach Fire-Rescue personnel assisted the elderly resident in locating and salvaging many family pictures and heirlooms from his home.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Mother, Infant Carjacked In Broad Daylight; Suspect Still Loose
- Lauderhill Police Release Surveillance Of Point-Blank Shooting Outside Fish Market
- Teen Taken As Newborn Reunites With Real Family & Forgives Accused Kidnapper
- Faulty Airbags Have South Florida At Forefront Of Biggest Auto Recall In U.S. History
- Warehouse Near Airport Goes Up In Flames