DELRAY BEACH (CBSMiami) – Delray Beach Fire-Rescue crews responded to a house fire in the 4600 block of northwest 3rd court of the High Point Section Seven neighborhood.
The fire caused extensive damage to the home, displacing the elderly male resident of the home as well as the residents of three adjoining villas.
The fire was extinguished within ten minutes of the arrival of fire-rescue units.
The residents were all able to self-evacuate from their homes.
No civilian injuries were reported as a result of the fire though one firefighter sustained minor injuries during the operation.
After the fire was put out, Delray Beach Fire-Rescue personnel assisted the elderly resident in locating and salvaging many family pictures and heirlooms from his home.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- FIU Announces Blood Drive, Vigil For Bridge Collapse Victims As Classes Set To Resume Monday
- Cirque Du Soleil Performer Dies After Fall At Florida Show
- Thousands Of Florida Homeowners Will Be Paid For Lost Trees
- Florida Schools May Get More Help To Hire Resource Officers
- Florida Driver Strikes 4 Motorcycles, Killing 1 Rider