TAMPA (CBSMiami/AP) – Deputies reported a five-month pregnant woman died after she was shot in the head Sunday. It happened while admiring a friend’s gun collection, Hernando County authorities said.
The Citrus County woman and her husband were looking at the gun collection belonging to her friend William DeHayes in Brooksville when DeHayes .22 caliber revolver discharged and hit the wife in the head.
Katherine Lynn Hoover, 25, was quickly transported to a nearby hospital and then airlifted to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, where doctors removed the woman’s baby, but he did not survive. Hoover died early Sunday.
Deputies are continuing to investigate the incident, which they believe was an accident. They did not immediately say whether DeHayes would face charges of negligence.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Diaz v. Taddeo: Special Election To Decide New District 40 Senator
- Mother, Teen Son Shot In Miami
- New Surveillance Video Shows Suspected Killer In Pembroke Park Murder
- Florida Keys To Reopen To Tourists This Weekend
- Puerto Rico Relief Committee Asking For Urgent Items To Send To Island