MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Fans were spinning at full force Sunday morning after the air conditioner was stolen from a Liberty City church.
United Christian World Outreach Ministries is located at 765 NW 54 Street. Church members attended services, Sunday, as temperatures outside the building neared 90 degrees.
“This is a church of God and it ought to be respected by each individual,” said Martin Pierre-Antoine, a church member.
Bishop Bernard Woodside said the stolen AC unit was first noticed last weekend.
“It happened last Sunday morning while we were having Sunday school, I walked in and found the sanctuary hot,” he said. “My son went across the street and indeed it was torn off the roof,”
The church is trying to raise money to replace the air conditioner, but in the meantime, members are sweating through the services.
“We ended up Sunday morning just blowing the fans and everybody dressed down as much as possible because of the type of weather we have,” said Woodside.
Extra services have been scheduled to try and raise additional funds.
“Anyone that can help us out to purchase a new AC unit, their help would be greatly appreciated,” added Pierre-Antoine.
If you would like to help, call (786) 217-8160.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail