MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard reports the body of a missing boater has been located near the Dry Tortugas.
Monroe County Sheriff’s officials took the body to the medical examiner’s office.
Investigators said the man was on a fishing boat that began to take on water and capsized early Friday morning.
Coast Guard received a beacon alert that triggered a multi-agency rescue response. One person was safely pulled from the water by a good Samaritan.
Rescue crews covered more than 550 square miles searching for the missing boater before his body was located Saturday.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating the incident.
- Baby Burned In Hot Shower, Couple Faces Neglect Charges
- Damaged Storm Pipe Causes Traffic Headache On Sunny Isles Beach
- Miramar School Threats Linked To Prison Security Breach
- Search For Home Invasion Robbery Suspects
- Obama Touts Healthcare, Hillary During Talks In Miami