Body Of Missing Boater Located Near Dry Tortugas
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard reports the body of a missing boater has been located near the Dry Tortugas.
Monroe County Sheriff’s officials took the body to the medical examiner’s office.
Investigators said the man was on a fishing boat that began to take on water and capsized early Friday morning.
Coast Guard received a beacon alert that triggered a multi-agency rescue response. One person was safely pulled from the water by a good Samaritan.
Rescue crews covered more than 550 square miles searching for the missing boater before his body was located Saturday.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating the incident.
- One-On-One With Dolphin Owner Stephen Ross
- Detectives Search For Rooftop Robbers In Broward
- Audit Says Power Agency Spent Thousands On Flowers, Parties
- Police Investigating Boynton Beach Cyclist Fatality
- Dean Proposes Putting Conservation Money In One Pot