Body Of Missing Boater Located Near Dry Tortugas
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard reports the body of a missing boater has been located near the Dry Tortugas.
Monroe County Sheriff’s officials took the body to the medical examiner’s office.
Investigators said the man was on a fishing boat that began to take on water and capsized early Friday morning.
Coast Guard received a beacon alert that triggered a multi-agency rescue response. One person was safely pulled from the water by a good Samaritan.
Rescue crews covered more than 550 square miles searching for the missing boater before his body was located Saturday.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating the incident.
- CBS4 Exclusive: ‘Fair DUI’ Creator Arrested At DUI Checkpoint
- Critics Take Aim At Juvenile-Detention Firm
- Tropical Storm Fred Hanging On
- Family Of Man Tased To Death By Coconut Creek Police File Lawsuit vs. City, Cops
- Child Riding Bike Hospitalized After Hit & Run In Coral Gables