MIAMI (CBSMiami/NSF) – Time is running out for Floridians who want to cast their ballot in the August 26th primary election but have not yet registered to vote.
Monday is the deadline to register.
The highest-profile primary pits former Gov. Charlie Crist and former Senate Minority Leader Nan Rich in seeking the Democratic nomination for governor. Also, Democrats George Sheldon and Perry Thurston will compete to become the party’s nominee for attorney general.
Down the ballot, primaries will decide the winners of various elected offices through the state.
The registration to vote in the November general election is October 6th.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Trump Sees Secretary Of State Prospect Tillerson
- Fight Over Everglades Refuge Pits Florida Against Feds
- Shutdown Averted, Senate Backs Stop-Gap Spending Bill
- Intelligence Sources: Officials Believe Russia Tried To Influence Election, Favored Trump
- Donald Trump Remains Producer On ‘New Celebrity Apprentice’