Time Running Out To Register To Vote In August Primary
MIAMI (CBSMiami/NSF) – Time is running out for Floridians who want to cast their ballot in the August 26th primary election but have not yet registered to vote.
Monday is the deadline to register.
The highest-profile primary pits former Gov. Charlie Crist and former Senate Minority Leader Nan Rich in seeking the Democratic nomination for governor. Also, Democrats George Sheldon and Perry Thurston will compete to become the party’s nominee for attorney general.
Down the ballot, primaries will decide the winners of various elected offices through the state.
The registration to vote in the November general election is October 6th.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Child Welfare System Looks To Institute To Help ‘Steer A Course’
- Florida Environmental Protection Secretary Resigns
- Florida Gov., Staff Used Private Email Account For State Business
- Records Show Broad Effort To Funnel Maps Through Public
- Miami-Dade Commission Takes Tilt To Left, Names First-Ever Haitian-American Chair