HOUSTON (AP) — Brad Hand pitched three-hit ball into the eighth inning and Jeff Mathis hit a two-run double for the Miami Marlins in their 2-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday night.
Hand (2-2) struck out four and walked two in a career-high 7 1-3 innings to earn his second straight win. Donovan Solano and Giancarlo Stanton each had two hits for the Marlins, who won their fifth in sixth games.
Miami was able to get to Dallas Keuchel (9-7) in the seventh.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia reached on an error by center fielder Enrique Hernandez. Adeiny Hechavarria hit an infield single with two outs before Mathis drove in both runners with a double.
Bryan Morris got two outs in the eighth, and Steve Cishek pitched a perfect ninth for his 25th save.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown Honors Miami Legends Jose Fernandez, Kimbo Slice On Cleats
- Panthers Set To Honor Jose Fernandez For Opening Night
- Marlins May Be Considering A Familiar Face For Coaching Staff
- Miami Heat Honor Jose Fernandez With Special Pregame Tribute
- Marlins Extend Prado For Three Years, Exercise Option On Ichiro