Hand, Mathis Send Marlins To 2-0 Win Over Astros
HOUSTON (AP) — Brad Hand pitched three-hit ball into the eighth inning and Jeff Mathis hit a two-run double for the Miami Marlins in their 2-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday night.
Hand (2-2) struck out four and walked two in a career-high 7 1-3 innings to earn his second straight win. Donovan Solano and Giancarlo Stanton each had two hits for the Marlins, who won their fifth in sixth games.
Miami was able to get to Dallas Keuchel (9-7) in the seventh.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia reached on an error by center fielder Enrique Hernandez. Adeiny Hechavarria hit an infield single with two outs before Mathis drove in both runners with a double.
Bryan Morris got two outs in the eighth, and Steve Cishek pitched a perfect ninth for his 25th save.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stanton Hits Monster Home Run In Marlins Win Over St. Louis
- Top Reasons Why South Florida Is A Great Sports Region
- Marlins’ Cosart Says MLB Reviewing His Twitter Account
- Marlins Stolen-Base Champ Dee Gordon Teams With Blechman Foundation to “Dee-Feat” Parkinson’s
- Cabrera Makes Debut At 1B, Does Well As Tigers Beat Marlins