DALLAS (AP) The Dallas Mavericks have reached a deal with free-agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu after scrapping a contract with Rashard Lewis because of a knee problem.
Aminu’s agent, Raymond Brothers, confirmed the agreement Wednesday. It’s a two-year contract for the veteran minimum of $2.1 million, with a player option on the second season.
Aminu has career averages of 6.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in four seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans. His best year was with the Pelicans in 2012-13, when he averaged career highs of 7.3 points and 7.7 rebounds.
The Mavericks signed Lewis to a one-year deal over the weekend but voided it when a physical showed that the 34-year-old needed surgery on his right knee.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Chris Bosh And Miami Heat Agree To Amicably Part Ways
- Winderman Says Heat Have “No Need For Josh McRoberts”
- Dwork On Sports: Dolphins Start OTAs, Marlins Can’t Win, Heat Keep Working
- Ira Winderman: Heat Players “Keep Showing Up To Practice”
- Dion Waiters Says His 3-Year-Old Son Is The ‘GOAT’ After Adorable Moment On Soccer Field