DALLAS (AP) The Dallas Mavericks have reached a deal with free-agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu after scrapping a contract with Rashard Lewis because of a knee problem.
Aminu’s agent, Raymond Brothers, confirmed the agreement Wednesday. It’s a two-year contract for the veteran minimum of $2.1 million, with a player option on the second season.
Aminu has career averages of 6.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in four seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans. His best year was with the Pelicans in 2012-13, when he averaged career highs of 7.3 points and 7.7 rebounds.
The Mavericks signed Lewis to a one-year deal over the weekend but voided it when a physical showed that the 34-year-old needed surgery on his right knee.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘I Feel Great About Our Relationship’: Riley On Wade But Avoids Contract Talk
- Heat Players Show Off New Uniforms With First Ever Jersey Patch Partner
- Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option On Former First Round Pick Justise Winslow
- Report: Heat Signing Josh Richardson To $42M Extension
- Dwork On Sports: Does A Dwyane Wade Reunion In Miami Make Sense?