Mavs Void Deal For Rashard Lewis Over Knee Issue
DALLAS (AP) The Dallas Mavericks have reached a deal with free-agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu after scrapping a contract with Rashard Lewis because of a knee problem.
Aminu’s agent, Raymond Brothers, confirmed the agreement Wednesday. It’s a two-year contract for the veteran minimum of $2.1 million, with a player option on the second season.
Aminu has career averages of 6.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in four seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans. His best year was with the Pelicans in 2012-13, when he averaged career highs of 7.3 points and 7.7 rebounds.
The Mavericks signed Lewis to a one-year deal over the weekend but voided it when a physical showed that the 34-year-old needed surgery on his right knee.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wallace: ‘Whiteside Believes He Can Be a Dominant Center’
- Hassan Whiteside and Draymond Green Engaged in Some Twitter Beef
- Winderman: Curious to See How Hassan Whiteside Handles First Heat Training Camp
- Stoudemire Hoping Miami Heat Get to See His All-Star Form
- Hassan Whiteside Pleased With Elevated NBA2K16 Rating