MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The biggest issue that the Miami Dolphins had last season was the poor play of the offensive line.
New general manager Dennis Hickey made several moves both in free agency and through the draft in order to avoid a repeat performance in 2014.
That plan took a hit last month when Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip. It was thought at the time that he would miss the first four games of the season.
That number has just gone up as according to CBS4 news partner the Miami Herald Pouncey is now expected to miss the first eight weeks of the season.
The Dolphins have their bye week on the first weekend of October so Pouncey would be missing seven games.
- Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi Wins AFC Offensive Player Of The Week…Again
- Stradford On Jay Ajayi: “A Star Has Been Born”
- Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi’s Historic Chase For 200 Yards In Three Straight Games
- Kelly On Dolphins: “They Have To Continue To Evolve As An Offense”
- Dolphins Cancer Challenge To Host Halloween-Themed Family Fests