TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) —A Florida State University professor found at his home after an attack was shot in the head before dying at the hospital, according to Tallahassee police.
Spokesman David Northway said there are no suspects, and the department continues to ask for tips from the public.
Officers found College of Law professor Dan Markel on Friday morning and believe he was the intended target.
Northway said the department has received many calls to the tip line but would not provide other details of the case. He declined comment when asked if there was evidence of more than one gunshot and if there were signs of forced entry.
CrimeStoppers has increased the reward for information leading to an arrest from $1,000 to $3,000.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Missing 5-Year-Old Girl Found Safe Over 7 Hours Later
- Doctors ID Broward Teen Who Survived Deadly Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Desperate Call On Police Radio Gives Closer Look At Bizarre Face-Biting Attack
- Mayor Gimenez: Opponent’s Claims Have ‘No Basis In Fact’
- Judge Orders 7 Children Found In House Of Filth To Remain In Foster Care