MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Florida renter came home to find people living inside his house but the family illegally squatting inside said they are not leaving.
The owner of the property on SW 5th street and 49th Avenue said his friend William Ruiz has been renting the house for the past two years and recently started to move out while the house was listed for short sale.
Ruiz went on vacation for two days and said when he came back, he found the locks on the house changed and strangers living inside using his belongings.
“They’re using his bed, his dining room table…all his ornaments,” said homeowner Luis Camayd over the phone.
The man who moved in with his pregnant wife and toddler didn’t want to be identified but said he was scammed by a phony realtor.
He said a lease agreement proves he paid $3,600 to live at the home.
The man, he said, he gave the cash to is no longer returning phone calls.
“I’m really stunned because the house was set to be sold already. I can’t sell the house until we get them out of there,” said Camayd.
- Olympian Connor Jaeger Helps Weston Kids Become Fitter, Faster Swimmers
- Missing Child Found Safe On Big Pine Key
- Bogus Bongs Or Bogus Lawsuits? Pipe Maker Sues Over Fakes
- Bayfront Park Holds Women’s Rally In National Day Of Action
- CBS4 Exclusive: Search Warrants Reveal New Details In FLL Video Leak Investigation