GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Defending national champion Florida State and Miami are the favorites to win their Atlantic Coast Conference divisions.
The league announced its predicted order of finish Monday after a vote of 112 media members at its preseason media days.
The Seminoles were picked as the overall league champions by 104 media members and received 109 first-place votes in the Atlantic Division.
The Coastal Division was muddier, with four teams separated by 44 points. Miami had 614 points to 597 for defending champion Duke, 571 for Virginia Tech and 570 for North Carolina.
Both the Blue Devils (33) and Tar Heels (27) received more first-place votes than the Hurricanes (26).
Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston of Florida State was the overwhelming pick for preseason player of the year with 99 votes. Clemson defensive end Vic Beasley was the only other player to receive multiple votes for the individual award with six.
Clemson was picked to finish second in the Atlantic Division, followed by newcomer Louisville, Syracuse, North Carolina State, Boston College and Wake Forest.
Georgia Tech was picked fifth in the Coastal, followed by Pittsburgh and Virginia.
- VOTE: Tournament Of S. Florida Champs – Final Round
- Hurricanes Not The Only Potential Top 25 Team With Questions At QB
- Davis On Dolphins Regime: “They Are Knitting Together Really Well”
- Canes Start Spring Practice Looking For New QB
- Family Of Bryan Pata Still Hopeful His Killer Will Be Caught