FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A construction worker died Monday morning after a beam struck him, Fort Lauderdale police reported.
The accident occurred just before 8:00 a.m. at 2601 South Andrews Avenue.
According to a preliminary investigation, the beam that fell hit three workers.
All of them were taken to Broward General Medical Center.
The other two workers are listed in critical condition.
The Fort Lauderdale Police Department and the Occupational Safety and Health Adminstration will investigation the incident.
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call the Lauderdale Police Department at (954) 828-5700.
- Gator Found Eating Human Remains In Davie Canal
- No Bond For Man Accused Of Shooting At Cop
- South Florida Honors Those Who Died At Memorial Day Events
- Police Sort Out Details In NW Dade Police-Involved Shooting
- No “Floatopia” For Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood After Alert