MIAMI (CBSMiami) — One person was shot while in their car at a Miami intersection on Saturday morning.
Miami-Dade Police said the person was driving a Nissan SUV on 12th Avenue, approaching an intersection on 79th Street when a person or people in a black Toyota started shooting at the person in the SUV.
The shots struck the victim several times, causing the person to crash into a trailer home across the street.
The person or people in the black Toyota drove off in an unknown direction, according to police.
The victim was airlifted to Ryder Trauma Center. No word on their condition.
No one inside the trailer was injured.
Police have not released a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information is urged to call Miami-Dade Crimestoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
- TSA: Record Setting Week For Firearms Recovered At Airport Checkpoints
- South Florida Gets Ready For Influx Of Memorial Day Revelers
- Hollywood City Attorney Charged With DUI One Step Closer To Being Out Of Job
- FPL Shows Off Storm Preparations Ahead Of Hurricane Season
- Exclusive: Surveillance Shows Tense Moments After Banquet Hall Shooting