ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) —A Florida man is set to face 30 years behind bars for child pornography charges relating to possession, producing and molesting a 2-year old girl while at Sea World.
A federal judge resentenced 30-year-old Michael Grzybowicz to 30 years in prison on Thursday and also sentenced him to lifetime supervision following his release. A jury found Grzybowicz guilty of the charges, as well as distribution of child pornography in January 2012.
Grzybowicz appealed the sentence in July 2012, and his distribution conviction was vacated. The sentences on the remaining counts were also vacated and sent back to district court for resentencing.
The case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to combat child sexual exploitation and abuse.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Marco Rubio Seeking Safety Probe Into Jetty Where Fernandez Crashed
- Deal Reached To Keep U.S. Government Running, Provide Zika Aid
- Jose Fernandez Fans Say Their Final Farewells
- Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez Procession To Go Through Miami Streets
- Dade Officials Release Locations Where Mosquitoes Tested Positive For Zika