MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) – The death of a 30-year-old woman whose body was found almost a week ago outside a Miramar home is being investigated as a murder.
According to a search warrant obtained by the Sun Sentinel, Yeniva Figueroa’s death remains under investigation—but police are treating it as a murder.
Figueroa’s body was found lying on the floor, nude outside the home of Jose Fuentes—who at the time was out of town with his family.
According to the paper, the woman’s body was discovered by Fuentes’s brother Lazaro Fuentes Hernandez who had gone to his brother’s home with his wife and three young children to use the swimming pool.
When Hernandez arrived, the paper reports around 1:30 pm, the door was open and Figueroa’s body was on the floor. There was a laptop and an iPhone on the floor as well as beer cans, cigarette butts, and a condom and its wrapper were found in the kitchen trash.
Fuentes, the paper reports was written in the warrant, had made arrangements with a woman to go to the home and walk the dogs. The warrant, however, does not specify whether the woman was Figueroa.
“There are no outward signs of trauma on the decedent; however, an examination was not conducted at this time,” the paper reports the July 12 warrant said.
An autopsy has been completed but the cause and manner of death are pending further investigation, Dr. Darin Trelka of the Medical Examiner’s Office told the paper Thursday.
- Robocalls Are Running Rampant And There’s Little Out There To Stop Them
- 15-Year-Old Girl Brings Marijuana Chips To School, May Be Expelled
- Former NBC News Anchor Tom Brokaw Faces Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Cosby Found Guilty On Three Counts Of Aggravated Indecent Assault
- Miami Police Searching For Man Wanted In Connection To Little Haiti Sexual Assault