FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – While the tropics are quiet, Hollywood officials are reminding residents that it’s the perfect time to prepare themselves and their property for a storm.
To that end they’ll be giving away approximately 3,000 sandbags at the end of the month.
Sandbags can be picked up Wednesday, July 23rd and Saturday, July 26th from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Public Works Administration Complex, 1600 South Park Road in Hollywood.
The sandbags will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Residents must provide proof of Hollywood residency, which can be in the form of a utility bill or driver’s license.
Residents who do pick up sandbags are reminded that they have a limited shelf life. Once they are placed outside and become saturated, the bags begin to deteriorate. Residents who pick them up are urged to store them in a dry area, such as a garage or storage shed, to preserve them for future use.
For more information on the sandbag distribution, please contact the Department of Public Works at (954) 967-4526.
- Broward Sheriff Scott Israel To Face No-Confidence Vote
- Cypress Creek Could Undergo Bold Revitalization
- FAA Orders More Engine Inspections After Southwest Accident
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush’s Body Lies In Repose In Houston