MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Coast Guard has called-off the search Wednesday for a man who went missing during a shark diving venture in the Bahamas Sunday.
John E. Petty, 63, a resident of Longview, Texas, went missing from a commercial dive vessel in the vicinity of West End, Bahamas Sunday night.
Dive gear belonging to Petty was found during the extensive search.
Coast Guard 7th District command center watchstanders were contacted by the captain of the commercial dive vessel Shear Water late Sunday night stating that Petty went shark diving with eight others and did not return.
Coast Guard launched multiple air and sea assets in the search alongside Royal Bahamas Police Force.
More than 4,600 miles were search which lasted 64 hours total.
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Exclusive: Angry Mom Demands Justice After Daughter’s Encounter With Miami Cop
- BSO: Murder Charge For Man Who Slammed Baby’s Head Against Bedpost
- Fyre Fest In Bahamas Fizzles, Concert Goers Stranded