Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing Diver In Bahamas
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Coast Guard has called-off the search Wednesday for a man who went missing during a shark diving venture in the Bahamas Sunday.
John E. Petty, 63, a resident of Longview, Texas, went missing from a commercial dive vessel in the vicinity of West End, Bahamas Sunday night.
Dive gear belonging to Petty was found during the extensive search.
Coast Guard 7th District command center watchstanders were contacted by the captain of the commercial dive vessel Shear Water late Sunday night stating that Petty went shark diving with eight others and did not return.
Coast Guard launched multiple air and sea assets in the search alongside Royal Bahamas Police Force.
More than 4,600 miles were search which lasted 64 hours total.
- South Florida Could Be Home To World’s Largest Mall, Entertainment Complex
- Woman Facing Federal Charges After Sparking Security Scare At MIA
- Judge Recommends Fines In Fmr. Congressman David Rivera Ethics Case
- Florida Highway Patrol: Alligator Alley Closed Due To Fog
- “Floating Therapy” Comeback Meant To Treat Various Ailments