LAKE BUENA VISTA (CBSMiami/AP) — Thunderstorms made a popular transportation system at Walt Disney World to stop Sunday.
A spokeswoman for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts says dozens of passengers were safely evacuated from a monorail train halted by a power outage at its central Florida amusement complex, adding no one was hurt.
Spokeswoman Jacquee Wahler told The Associated Press there were thunderstorms around Walt Disney World when the elevated train stopped Sunday afternoon. She says a mechanized lift helped get passengers down.
“There was just some bad weather in the area and because of the power outage, the monorail guests were evacuated,” she added.
Wahler says the cause of the power outage wasn’t immediately known. She says there was no fire and all got down calmly.
Wahler says the outage affected just one Monorail line and other lines kept functioning normally.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Exclusive: Pilots Describe Moments Before Crash Landing In Waters Off Haulover Beach
- Pope Francis, Russian Church Leader In Cuba For Historic Meeting
- South Carolina Primary Make Or Break For GOP Candidate Jeb Bush
- Trump Holds Campaign Rally In Tampa
- Exclusive: FIU Med Student Describes Getting Zika Virus Weeks Before Outbreak