FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami/AP) — The Miss Florida USA crown has been passed on, this time to a Panhandle woman.
Ashleigh Lollie of Grand Ridge earned the title in the pageant at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night.
Seventy women were vying for the crown. Lollie goes on to represent Florida in the Miss USA pageant next year. A win there would earn her a spot at Miss Universe.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Athletic Director Turned Hero, Chris Hixon, Laid To Rest Wednesday
- ‘This Cannot Happen Again’: Parkland Students Rally In Tally For Common Sense Gun Laws
- Grieving Father To Trump: ‘We As A Country Failed Our Children’
- Students Ask Elected Officials: What Will You Do To Make Us Safe?
- ‘I Should Feel Safe When I Come To School’: Students Stage More Walk Outs In Protest