SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities are looking for two motorists involved in serious hit-and-run accidents over the weekend.
In Sarasota County, 71-year-old William Wren was killed Saturday morning after he was hit while riding his motorcycle. The Florida Highway Patrol says the motorcycle was caught under the driver’s car and dragged for about 250 feet.
After it became detached, the driver fled.
In a second hit-and-run on Friday night in the Panhandle, 59-year-old Roy Reasoonover was trying to cross Mobile Highway near Edison Drive in Escambia County when he was struck by an unknown vehicle. The highway patrol says the victim was dragged under the vehicle for 21 feet and was critically injured.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vintage Cars, Each With A Story, On Display At Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance
- MSD Senior On Returning To School: “Education Isn’t Going To Stop And Neither Is The NRA”
- Gov. Scott Calls For FDLE Investigation Into Parkland School Shooting Response
- Facing Criticism Over Parkland Shooting, Broward Sheriff Says “Of Course I Won’t Resign”
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Return To School For First Time Since Shooting