ST. PETERSBURG (CBSMiami/AP) — A homeless woman died after she was pinned under a car for a night after she had fallen asleep under a carport at a Tampa Bay area complex.
St. Petersburg police say 55-year-old Henrietta Regina Dickson fell asleep or passed out in the parking space sometime Tuesday night. When the woman assigned to the spot eventually pulled in, she felt a bump, but didn’t realize Dickson was under the car. The driver later told police she only saw Dickson’s bag and assumed that was what she had run over.
A passerby saw Dickson’s hand Wednesday morning and called police. She was pronounced dead a short time later.
No charges have been filed against the driver.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Business Owner Says “Nothing Illegal On Ocean Drive” As Strip Club Rumors Circulate
- Tim Tebow Prays With Passengers After Man Suffers Medical Emergency On Flight
- Miami Police Officer Hit By Truck On I-95
- Impact Of Abortion Ruling On Florida Law Unclear
- Guilty Verdict In Villegas Murder Trial