Police: 3-Year-Old Accidentally Shot Herself In Miramar
Get Breaking News First
MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) – Miramar police have confirmed that a 3-year-old girl hospitalized after being shot on Wednesday night, accidentally shot herself with the unsecured gun that was in the home.
The grandparents of the child identified her as Sini Dupont. Deirdre Ashe told CBS4 News the child had surgery and doctors were able to remove a bullet from her abdomen.
She is currently listed in stable condition at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood.
The child was home with her mother when the shooting took place in the 4300 block of SW 132nd Way in the subdivision of Silver Falls.
Investigators said the gun that was used belonged to the girl’s father.
Her mother called 911 to report the shooting.
Once the investigation is complete, it will be forwarded to the State Attorney’s Office for review.
For now, no charges have been filed.
- Family Celebrates Missing Mom’s Birthday
- Police Pursuit Ends With Crash In Tamarac
- Police Searching For Burger King Robbers
- Zombie Bike Ride Takes Over Key West
- 836 Westbound Opened Earlier Than Expected, Eastbound Closing Again