MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) — A 3-year-old girl is in the hospital after shots rang out in a gated community in Miramar.
The toddler was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. The shooting happened at the Silver Falls community around 9:30 p.m..
CBS4’s was able to obtain video from inside the gated community just moments after the shots were heard. The video shows the girl’s father pacing and looking stressed, as well as the mother. She was interviewed by police before being allowed to go to the hospital to accompany her daughter.
According to police, the mother is the one who called 911 to report the shooting.
“What we are told is that the child and the mother were the only ones home,” said Tania Ruez of the Miramar Police Department.
The girl’s condition is unknown.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office said it’s very early in the investigation, and they’re still working on getting answers themselves.
Click here to watch MaryAnn Martinez’s report.
- Hollywood Nursing Home Bills Dead Patient On Her 100th Birthday
- Good Housekeeping’s Top Toys Get Stamp Of Approval From Adorable Experts
- US Tourist Fears He Was Hit In Cuba, Years Before Diplomats
- UF President Slams Security Cost For Spencer Speech As ‘Unfair’
- UF Braces For Protests, Possible Violence At White Supremacist Speech