MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) — A 3-year-old girl is in the hospital after shots rang out in a gated community in Miramar.
The toddler was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. The shooting happened at the Silver Falls community around 9:30 p.m..
CBS4’s was able to obtain video from inside the gated community just moments after the shots were heard. The video shows the girl’s father pacing and looking stressed, as well as the mother. She was interviewed by police before being allowed to go to the hospital to accompany her daughter.
According to police, the mother is the one who called 911 to report the shooting.
“What we are told is that the child and the mother were the only ones home,” said Tania Ruez of the Miramar Police Department.
The girl’s condition is unknown.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office said it’s very early in the investigation, and they’re still working on getting answers themselves.
Click here to watch MaryAnn Martinez’s report.
- 7 Earth-Size Planets Found In Habitable Zone Outside Our Solar System
- Cops Serve Up Fast Food To Raise Money For Fallen Heroes
- Davie PD Release image Of Car Involved In Deadly Hit & Run
- Tech Challenged Seniors Needing A Ride Can Call “GoGoGrandparent”
- SpaceX Rendezvous With International Space Station Delayed