Neymar Denies Report Of Playing In World Cup Final
BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil (AP) Neymar and the Brazilian football confederation have denied media reports that the striker could undergo special treatment on his fractured vertebra to try to play in the World Cup final if Brazil makes it that far.
Both Neymar and the confederation released statements late Sunday saying that nothing that could risk the player’s health or career would be attempted to allow him to play in the final if Brazil advances past Germany in Tuesday’s semifinals.
The statements came after the Brazilian media quoted doctors from the Brazlian club Santos as saying there was a chance Neymar could play in the final by with alternative treatments and painkiller injections.
The confederation said rushed measures would “put in risk his future life as an athlete.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Roger Penske Warns NASCAR Team Not To Manipulate Tires
- Florida Panthers Continue Their Push, Hoping To Gain Ground
- Hawks Beat Heat 99-86, Clinch Top Seed In Eastern Conference
- Keidel: Mind Games Have Begun For Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout
- 30 Players: Iglesias Could Arrive Sooner Than Expected As Reds Starter