ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A Tampa Bay area mother has been arrested after allegedly leaving her infant daughter in a van for several hours.
The St. Petersburg Police report 32-year-old Natasha Graver left the child in the back of her car and went to attend a funeral Saturday for three women killed in a hit-and-run crash.
Graver told investigators that she forgot about her child, leaving the van with the windows up and engine off.
After the service, she allegedly drove home and left the 4-month-old girl still in a child restraint seat in the car again.
When the child’s parents went out later to eat, police say they discovered their daughter unresponsive in the car.
The infant was taken to All Children’s Hospital in stable condition. Graver has been charged with child abuse.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Coral Springs Police Arrest Serial Sexual Battery Suspect, Who Then Confessed
- Miami Beach Mayor Taking Steps To Ensure Pedestrian Safety In Wake Of Toronto Van Attack
- 10 Dead, 15 Injured After Van Strikes Multiple Pedestrians In Toronto
- Waffle House Shooting Suspect Captured
- Former President George H.W. Bush In Intensive Care