JACKSONVILLE (CBSMiami/AP) — Florida Governor Rick Scott honored nearly 600 veterans throughout the state for their service.
The governor held ceremonies Wednesday in Jacksonville and Orlando as part of a week of events honoring veterans in the lead-up to July 4.
In Jacksonville, 410 veterans were given the Governor’s Veterans Service Award in an event at the 125th Fighter Wing. In Orlando, 179 veterans received the award at the headquarters of the 2nd Batallion, 124th Infantry.
Scott said, “We must take every opportunity to thank our heroes for their service.”
Scott held a similar ceremony Tuesday for 187 veterans in West Palm Beach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to th is report.)
- House Bill Would Create Online Registry For Animal Abusers
- Trump Marks One Month In Office
- Trump Says Sweden Comment Followed TV Report
- Trump Steps Up Security Aide Search, Focuses On Health Care
- Revived By Rally, Trump Turns Back To Governing