MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — First Lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to make a stop in South Florida on Tuesday.
The first lady will attend a Democratic National Committee event in Miami.
Before that she is set to be in central Florida to promote the role school counselors play in helping families pursue higher education.
Obama is delivering remarks at the American School Counselor Association’s annual conference in Orlando as part of her Reach Higher Initiative.
Reach Higher focuses on the importance of pursuing and completing some form of post-secondary education. It also encourages students to support President Barack Obama’s 2020 goal of America producing the world’s highest proportion of college graduates.
Click here to watch the report.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- US Government Wants Americans To Leave Venezuela’s Capitol Immediately
- Neighbors Claim Man Beat Puppy To Death In Broad Daylight
- Trans Justice Rally In Downtown To Support Service Members Left In Limbo
- Residents Outraged After Ford Trucks Stolen From Pompano Beach Neighborhood
- House GOP Passes $788B Bill For Pentagon, Border Wall