MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — First Lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to make a stop in South Florida on Tuesday.
The first lady will attend a Democratic National Committee event in Miami.
Before that she is set to be in central Florida to promote the role school counselors play in helping families pursue higher education.
Obama is delivering remarks at the American School Counselor Association’s annual conference in Orlando as part of her Reach Higher Initiative.
Reach Higher focuses on the importance of pursuing and completing some form of post-secondary education. It also encourages students to support President Barack Obama’s 2020 goal of America producing the world’s highest proportion of college graduates.
Click here to watch the report.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- National Walkout Day Efforts Aim To Keep Gun Control In Public’s Mind
- Friends, Family Gather For Vigil To Remember Teen Killed While Riding Bicycle
- Comey Memos Detail Trump’s Comments On Russia, Reservations About Flynn
- Organ Transplant Donors, Recipients Gather To Celebrate New Chance At Life
- Jewish History, Heritage Celebrated In Miami For Israel’s Independence Day