Amanda Bynes’ New York Bong-Tossing Case Dismissed

View Comments
NEW YORK, NY - JULY 09:  Amanda Bynes attends an appearance at Manhattan Criminal Court on July 9, 2013 in New York City. Bynes is facing charges of reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and criminal possession of marijuana in relation to her arrest on May 23, 2013.  (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)

NEW YORK, NY – JULY 09: Amanda Bynes attends an appearance at Manhattan Criminal Court on July 9, 2013 in New York City. Bynes is facing charges of reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and criminal possession of marijuana in relation to her arrest on May 23, 2013. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)

Celebrity Photo Galleries

NEW YORK (AP) — A judge has dismissed actress Amanda Bynes’ New York City bong-tossing case.

Bynes’ lawyer appeared in court Monday. The actress was not present. The case was sealed after the dismissal.

The judge had previously said the charges would be dismissed if Bynes stayed out of trouble for six months and went to counseling twice a week. Attorney Gerald Shargel (shahr-GEHL’) submitted an affidavit saying Bynes had complied with the court’s requirements.

Bynes was charged last year with reckless endangerment and marijuana possession. Building managers called police because they said she was smoking pot in the lobby of her Manhattan apartment. When officers entered her 36th-floor apartment, they said they saw her heave a bong out the window.

Shargel said outside court that the episode is now behind her.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

RELATED CONTENT:

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,563 other followers