MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — A tourist and two good Samaritans chased a man down Collins Avenue after a purse was snatched at a posh Miami Beach hotel.
According to Miami New Times, Jessie Torrecilla, 30, allegedly snatched a bag filled with $41,000 worth of jewelry including an Apple iPad on June 13th.
The bikini-clad, barefoot victim, Staci Gabrielson , 30,started to yell and chased after Torrecilla down the boardwalk.
Two bystanders heard her yelling for helped and joined in on the chase as Torrecilla allegedly ran down Collins Avenue, past a police officer who then called for back up, according to the paper.
Torrecilla allegedly dropped the handbag and kept running but police were able to catch up and arrest him.
He faces charges of grand theft and trespassing. Torrecilla pleaded not guilty on June 16th and is out on bond, according to the paper.
- 2 Undercover MDPD Officers Ambushed & Shot In NW Miami-Dade
- 3 Arrested After Narcotics Sting Uncovers 47 Kilos Of Cocaine On Cargo Ship
- CBS4’s Lauren Pastrana To Host VH1 Save The Music Foundation Event Tuesday Night
- Organizers Declare Ultra An Electrifying Success
- Emotional Day In Court After ‘Toxic Tush Doc’ Sentenced To 10 Years Prison