MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — A tourist and two good Samaritans chased a man down Collins Avenue after a purse was snatched at a posh Miami Beach hotel.
According to Miami New Times, Jessie Torrecilla, 30, allegedly snatched a bag filled with $41,000 worth of jewelry including an Apple iPad on June 13th.
The bikini-clad, barefoot victim, Staci Gabrielson , 30,started to yell and chased after Torrecilla down the boardwalk.
Two bystanders heard her yelling for helped and joined in on the chase as Torrecilla allegedly ran down Collins Avenue, past a police officer who then called for back up, according to the paper.
Torrecilla allegedly dropped the handbag and kept running but police were able to catch up and arrest him.
He faces charges of grand theft and trespassing. Torrecilla pleaded not guilty on June 16th and is out on bond, according to the paper.
- Tickets, Response Time Down As FHP Deals With Trooper Shortage
- Man Dies, Shot In Face During Dispute At Miami Club
- TSA: Record Setting Week For Firearms Recovered At Airport Checkpoints
- South Florida Gets Ready For Influx Of Memorial Day Revelers
- Hollywood City Attorney Charged With DUI One Step Closer To Being Out Of Job