MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — A tourist and two good Samaritans chased a man down Collins Avenue after a purse was snatched at a posh Miami Beach hotel.
According to Miami New Times, Jessie Torrecilla, 30, allegedly snatched a bag filled with $41,000 worth of jewelry including an Apple iPad on June 13th.
The bikini-clad, barefoot victim, Staci Gabrielson , 30,started to yell and chased after Torrecilla down the boardwalk.
Two bystanders heard her yelling for helped and joined in on the chase as Torrecilla allegedly ran down Collins Avenue, past a police officer who then called for back up, according to the paper.
Torrecilla allegedly dropped the handbag and kept running but police were able to catch up and arrest him.
He faces charges of grand theft and trespassing. Torrecilla pleaded not guilty on June 16th and is out on bond, according to the paper.
- Miami-Dade College Evacuated Over Bomb Threat
- Community Continues To Mourn Loss Of Rising Star Jose Fernandez
- Jose Fernandez The Greatest ‘30 For 30’ Never Told? Filmmaker Wants To Change That
- Rare Female Bank Robber Sought In Two Cases
- Healing Begins As Teammates Channel Jose Fernandez’s Fiery Spirit