MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A former Florida International University grad has taken her spice rub to a global level.
Jennifer Bound won a $5,000 competition while she was a student last fall for her Holy Smokes pork and meat rub. Badia Spices is marketing the new spice mix, which includes smoked paprika, white pepper, roasted garlic powder, cumin, smoked sea salt, cocoa powder, chipotle chili powder and brown sugar.
The rub was launched earlier this year at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
The rub is now being sold in 86 countries across the globe. A percentage of worldwide sales will benefit FIU students.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Family Members Rush To Hospital After Several Shot At MLK Day Celebration
- Bikers Race Through Streets For “Wheels Up, Guns Down” Amid Crackdown
- Several People Shot During MLK Day Celebration
- Men Working Underground In Key Largo Collapse, Die
- Owners Of ‘The Greatest Show On Earth’ Hold Press Conference To Discuss Its End