MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A former Florida International University grad has taken her spice rub to a global level.
Jennifer Bound won a $5,000 competition while she was a student last fall for her Holy Smokes pork and meat rub. Badia Spices is marketing the new spice mix, which includes smoked paprika, white pepper, roasted garlic powder, cumin, smoked sea salt, cocoa powder, chipotle chili powder and brown sugar.
The rub was launched earlier this year at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
The rub is now being sold in 86 countries across the globe. A percentage of worldwide sales will benefit FIU students.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Trump Announces New US Strategy In Afghanistan: ‘We’re Not Nation Building, We’re Killing Terrorists’
- Vice President Pence To Make Stop In Doral To Talk Venezuela
- Millions Who Hit The Road For Total Solar Eclipse Experience Spectacular Celestial Show
- 6 People Taken To Hospital After Car Slams Into School Van, Flipping It Over
- Court’s Mea Culpa Doesn’t Halt Execution