DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) – Officials have identified the worker killed after falling into a large hole while working along Interstate 95 Friday.
Jose Felix Obando, 42, was the construction worker.
He fell into an excavation site on Friday afternoon near the Hallandale Beach southbound on-ramp of Interstate 95.
According to BSO the man was not working in the hole but he was standing on piece of machinery. He jumped off into the edge of the trench and the trench gave way. The worker collapsed and fell 20-23 feet.
He was covered in about a foot and a half of dirt.
Other workers tried to help when the man fell but weren’t able to reach him.
The construction is part of the 95 Express, an area where excavation for drainage is being done.
- Homicide Investigation Leads To NW Dade Backyard
- Gov. Scott Holds Roundtable On Zika Preps In Broward
- Thousands Of Ballots Ship Out, Head To Broward Voters
- $15 Billion Volkswagen Emissions Deal Faces Critical Test
- Suspicious Package At Miami Police HQ Prompts Evacuation, Detonation