HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) – Homestead’s police chief is under investigation in a public records tampering scheme.
As first reported by browardbulldog.org, prosecutors and state law enforcement agents are looking into allegations against Al Rolle.
He’s accused in a plot to hide and destroy public records that were requested by an officer he fired.
Capt. Marie Kent, the former head of the department’s Internal Affairs office, and current Internal Affairs boss Detective Tony Aquino, who took over IA from Kent are also under investigation.
Edna Marie Hernandez, a police administrative assistant, implicated Rolle, Kent and Aquino during a May 22 arbitration hearing for former Homestead police Sgt. Lizanne Deegan.
Deegan, 46, is reportedly trying get her job back.
Read the full report, click here.
- Video: ‘Okinawa’ Sunk As Artificial Reef Off Pompano Beach
- Harvey Weakens To Tropical Depression
- 1 Dead, 2 Hurt In Triple Shooting In NW Miami
- 2 Officers Shot, 1 Killed In Kissimmee
- Shooting In NE Miami-Dade Has Residents Of Busy Gated Community On Edge