HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) – Homestead’s police chief is under investigation in a public records tampering scheme.
As first reported by browardbulldog.org, prosecutors and state law enforcement agents are looking into allegations against Al Rolle.
He’s accused in a plot to hide and destroy public records that were requested by an officer he fired.
Capt. Marie Kent, the former head of the department’s Internal Affairs office, and current Internal Affairs boss Detective Tony Aquino, who took over IA from Kent are also under investigation.
Edna Marie Hernandez, a police administrative assistant, implicated Rolle, Kent and Aquino during a May 22 arbitration hearing for former Homestead police Sgt. Lizanne Deegan.
Deegan, 46, is reportedly trying get her job back.
Read the full report, click here.
- Wet Weather To Hang Around All Day Wednesday
- Davie PD To Release Enhanced Image Of Car Involved In Deadly Hit & Run
- State House Pushes Ahead Bill That Would End Biz Incentive Program
- South Florida Survivor Uses Story To Spread Message Of Self-Love & Resilience
- Couple Found Passed Out In Running Car, 2-Year-Old In Back Seat