HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) – Homestead’s police chief is under investigation in a public records tampering scheme.
As first reported by browardbulldog.org, prosecutors and state law enforcement agents are looking into allegations against Al Rolle.
He’s accused in a plot to hide and destroy public records that were requested by an officer he fired.
Capt. Marie Kent, the former head of the department’s Internal Affairs office, and current Internal Affairs boss Detective Tony Aquino, who took over IA from Kent are also under investigation.
Edna Marie Hernandez, a police administrative assistant, implicated Rolle, Kent and Aquino during a May 22 arbitration hearing for former Homestead police Sgt. Lizanne Deegan.
Deegan, 46, is reportedly trying get her job back.
Read the full report, click here.
- Community Continues To Mourn Loss Of Rising Star Jose Fernandez
- 4 New Non-Travel Related Zika Cases In Miami-Dade
- Trump Goes From Debate Stage To South Florida
- VP Joe Biden’s Wife To Visit Cuba
- Senate Blocks Bill To Prevent Shutdown, Fund Zika Fight