FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Residents of Southwest Ranches who are getting tired of swatting at ‘skeeters are about to get some relief.
The county’s Mosquito Control Section plans to spray spray for mosquitoes on Thursday, weather permitting, from 4 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
The area to be sprayed includes Griffin Road to the north, Sheridan Street to the south, Flamingo Road to the east and U.S. Highway 27 to the west.
Residents with breathing difficulties should remain indoors. Persons living in the affected area who have registered with the state to be alerted to spraying have been notified.
Recent heavy rains in the area and the warm summer temperatures prompted the need for spraying due to the increase of mosquitoes.
Broward County Mosquito Control Section sprays for the pesky critters by by truck and plane, based on requests from residents. To request service online, visit Broward.org and click MOSQUITO SERVICE under Online Services. Requests can also be made by calling (954) 765-4062.
- First Giant Anteater Born At Zoo Miami Makes Public Debut
- Exclusive: ‘I Am Alive & I Am Here’: Victim Confronts Man She Says Tried To Kill Her
- ‘Even If They’ve Been Good, They’ll Be Sent Back’: Rep. Ros-Lehtinen On Trump Immigration Agenda
- Parents Of Pulse Victim On Concealed Carry Bills: ‘More Guns In More Places Not A Solution’
- Man’s Body Found Near Miami Int’l Airport Rental Lot