HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – A small Chihuahua will receive life-saving surgery at 3 p.m. on Monday after it was found outside a shelter in Hialeah with a bullet wound in its leg.
The puppy called “Timmy” received donations that will cover the cost of the surgery but he still needs additional funding to pay for the 10-day post operation process.
The dog was found by Mertha Garcia who at first thought the dog was just injured but later learned that it had been shot.
Garcia had Timmy taken to Diaz’ Heart Animal Hospital where Dr. Jose Diaz found a fragment of a bullet inside the bone and muscle of the dog’s leg after taking an x-ray upon its arrival.
Garcia is still searching to find a good home for Timmy and has been contacted by multiple people both looking to donate to the dog’s medical expenses and to inquire about finding him a home.
If you would like to help, you can contact Dr. Jose Diaz at (305) 824-0500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to make a donation.
Click here for more information on Timmy the Chihuahua.
- Pit Bull With Broken Leg In Dire Need Of Adoption
- CBS4 Exclusive: Police Catch Teen Accused In Fatal Hit & Run After He Failed To Turn Self In
- Death Investigations In Miami & Collier Co. Appear To Be Triple Murder Suicide
- Boaters Spot Massive Whale Shark Off Miami Beach
- Trump Cheating Claims Roundly Refuted